Hybrid | 25% travel required
RIVET is how construction labor gets to work. Rivet’s software platform transforms the way contractors manage, plan, schedule, and deploy crews in one unified platform. The RIVET team is passionate about leveraging technology to champion the skilled trades, accelerate digital transformation, and make construction an industry of choice for a new generation entering the workforce.
We are looking for an experienced, high-energy, results-oriented Account Executive to join the Sales Team at RIVET. As an Account Executive, you will play a crucial role in helping drive top-line revenue growth for our organization by focusing on new customer acquisition. You will be responsible for learning and understanding the unique needs of our customers in the Specialty Contractor space of the Construction Industry. You will become a subject matter expert who can effectively demonstrate our platform to potential customers while educating them on best practices for implementing a successful Workforce Management strategy for their organization.
This role is Detroit-based in our downtown office, with three days required in-office per week along with the ability to travel to customer/prospect sites, marketing events, and industry conferences as needed. You will report directly to the Senior Director of Sales.
- Manage and develop client relationships focusing on new and existing clients within your designated territory
- Clearly articulate the value proposition of our platform to potential clients through presentations, demonstrations, and other sales collateral
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Customer Success, and Product Development, to ensure a seamless customer experience and address client needs
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date forecasts for Sales leadership with reports on sales activities and projects as requested
- Stay abreast of industry trends, competitor activities, and market conditions to provide valuable insights and recommendations to the team
- Coordinate events and participate in conferences/tradeshows, necessitating travel within and occasionally outside your territory
- Attend networking events with local trade organizations
- Develop and maintain an expert understanding of the RIVET application
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4+ years of demonstrated success as an Account Executive, preferably selling SaaS solutions B2B
- History of consistently achieving and exceeding monthly/quarterly targets
- Proven success navigating large organizations and working directly with C-suite-level executives
- Demonstrated history of net-new prospecting and pipeline generation, both personally and in collaboration with our SDR and Marketing partners
- Experience with solution selling that includes excellent discovery and objection-handling skills
- Great verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to properly set and deliver on expectations
Your proven superpowers:
- Team-oriented peer, with a thirst to compete to be the most valuable player
- Self-motivator who routinely sets and exceeds your own goals. If you're goal-oriented and self-motivated, you'll thrive here
- Extreme ownership of your sales cycles - you run your ship tight
- Have sold products in a similar price range and to similar buyer persona
Nice to have:
- Experience at an early-stage start-up with a product disrupting an entire market (preferred, but not required)
- Previous work experience within the Construction Industry not required, but a huge plus!
Rivet provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Employee stock option program
- Commuter (parking) benefits
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Free weekly lunches
RIVET believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.